At Atomic we take flavour and freshness very seriously. When you buy coffee from us we go all out to make sure it arrives to you at it's peak.
Shipping Prices and Info
Within New Zealand we send pretty much everything via Courier Post and a simple flat fee of $5 covers most stuff. If you're ordering a coffee machine or grinder we don't charge shipping within New Zealand on items over $800 we'll also call or email you first to arrange everything.
If you're ordering from overseas, especially significant items, feel free to call us first to make sure it's all feasible: (09) 846 5883 or email us on email@example.com
Freshly roasted then aged just right
Freshness is really important with coffee but in the first few days after roasting it hasn’t had a chance to fully develop its flavour or de-gas. Roasting creates a bit of carbon dioxide in the coffee and if you drink it too soon you'll often see fizzing in the cup and a bit much acidity in flavour - fizz is only good if you want a coke.
At Atomic we like our coffee aged for about 5 days - it pours better, holds its crema for longer and its flavours are intensified. When you buy from us our goal is to get it to you as close to this point as possible
Our Roasting & Aging Process
- We roast our beans in 22kg batches (11kg for our organic coffees)
- The beans are then post-blended and packed off immediately
- Each bag is sealed with a closure label and batch coded.
- The coffee is then stored to allow the bean to de-gas and the flavour to develop.
- The beans that are shipped to you will be coming into their prime just as they reach you. The flavour will be exceptional.
If you’re unhappy with the beans when you get them, we will give you a full refund. Check our returns policy for details.
How To Preserve Freshness at Home or in your Cafe
To preserve the flavour of your beans, you should always:
- Buy only what you will need and make sure you use it within 14 days.
- Store your coffee in an airtight container in a dark place away from heat and light (coffees worst enemies).
- Grind the beans just before you use them and only grind what you will use immediately.
- PLEASE NEVER stick them in the freezer or in the fridge. And don’t stick them near your onions or herbs and spices – unless you like those flavours in your coffee.
Questions about Freshness?
If you have any questions about coffee aging or flavour development, or if you'd like to know more about anything to do with your coffee, please contact us at Atomic on (09) 846 5883 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be more that happy to help.